- Members must attend ALL meetings; they are not optional.
- Each member may have three excused absences that must be cleared with their attendance officer. Each member may also have two unexcused absences, three or more unexcused absences will result in probation.
- If you cannot make a meeting, it must be for a legitimate reason (ex. appointment, sickness) and it is imperative that you contact an officer or the advisor ASAP.
- Please inform an officer or the advisor ASAP if any extracurricular or class activities will interfere with your meeting attendance (ex. music sectionals).
- Excuses such as sleeping in late or not having a ride will not be accepted. Other members will most likely be more than willing to carpool, as well as any NHS Officer. All NHS Officer contact information is available on the website.
- Members on probation must complete five extra hours for the semester.
- New inductees are required to complete and log 3 service hours for the end of this school year, with at least one of them being toward an NHS sponsored event.
- 10 summer hours must be logged by the first day of school next year.
- 10 hours are required per semester, at least 2 of which must be through NHS.
Hours must be submitted by the date and the format determined and announced by NHS officers. Typically, this will be in done through an online link posted on the NHS website. DO NOT USE OLD LINKS.
Hour requirements/criteria are subject to change based on your performance in NHS and your fulfillment of NHS requirements – you will not be required to complete and submit more hours than any other member, but the quantity of hours through NHS and/or mandatory time of submission may change.
Service/Participation in NHS Events:
- Every NHS member must participate in the Blood Drive and Coffeehouse for both Spring and Fall.
- There are many opportunities spanning across various dates and times where you will be available to fulfill these requirements, so don’t stress!
Scholastic Standing – GPA:
- Sophomores need to maintain a 3.85 weighted GPA or above
- Juniors need to maintain a 3.65 weighted GPA or above
Failure to adequately complete/maintain these responsibilities as a member of NHS will result in probation status or permanent removal from NHS.